Educational Research Site on Drupal Platform with eCommerce and FMIS Integration
Since 2013 Xequals worked with NZCER to consult, build and improve on their website and digital systems. As a forwards-thinking organisation that takes technology and innovation seriously, NZCER has invested lots of time and energy into having a robust, modern, attractive web system.
With a strong New Zealand presence and highly respected global brand in education, NZCER’s needs are ongoing, emergent, and diverse. Xequals has implemented many pieces of business logic into their system - from delivery specialised education materials / resources via a Drupal Commerce subscription management system to integrating with their financial management system (NetSuite). We’ve also had lots to do with design / UI / UX enhancements - helping re-imagine a lot key user interaction flows and really drill down to the main tasks that the website is meant to facilitate.
Our main areas of contribution to NZCER have been:
- Regular (fortnightly) Agile sprint meetings
- Leading inclusive web plan development
- UX / UI / front-end implementation and design work
- Rationalising data-models and streamlining back-end systems towards simplicity and usability
- Drupal 6 to 7 upgrade project (2012 / 2013)
- eCommerce and sales process enhancements
- SOAP based API integration with NetSuite
- Stakeholder communications and reporting
- Priority and goal setting towards cost-effectiveness and value for money
- Content and navigation strategy
- Performance and server load optimisation
- Troubleshooting and error recovery
As NZCER’s strategic partner for ongoing web development and digital consultancy, Xequals will continue to add value and expertise wherever it can - with a vision towards modern, sensible, cost-effective solutions. It is our desire to roll out systems that are intuitive, automated wherever possible, and critically make people's lives easier - allowing them to focus on their strengths rather than dealing with endless tech issues and unneeded complexity.